Thursday, October 13, 2011

Update

Updates!

Losing a site sucks but I can flow with that. After all, I signed up to go to Africa =).

So I do not have a site yet. They are still working on it but I will most likely not be placed in the same language area. The reason I had to change sites was because one of my language trainers who also happens to live in my region called me a couple times and some inappropriate questions were asked.

I have been asked to move back to my homestay family until they find me a site. Unfortunately, my homestay family isn't too keen on having Charizard there for another 2 weeks and have asked if I could keep her elsewhere. Lucky for me, Tomas is a lifesaver and has agreed to take care of her during the time it takes for me to locate a new site. This makes me really sad that I can't be with her during this critical growing period of her life, but she's in great hands! In the meantime, I may be a sitting duck in Wakiso twiddling my thumbs. We'll see...

I have high hopes for my new site and some awws to be had. My previous site was a direct shoot by bus and I was actually in town. The chances of this being the case again for the new site are not likely and transportation in Uganda is TERRIBLE so that's a bummer. I had a great house in Arua too--electricity, toilet, running water, etc. Hopefully, my new place will have AT LEAST a toilet or porcelain pit latrine. I can live without running water (although that sucks!) and I would like electricity but that's not a necessity either. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment