Monday, October 10, 2011

I guess this is Africa...

So today was shopping day--ie. the day we go to the capital to go shopping for site.

I left the house this morning at 7:10am. I have somehow become the dog lady...usually there's one dog following me around. Today there were two. Bert (another neighborhood dog) and his friend. So they follow me all the way to town. After we cross the street, other dog gets chased by random dog and Bert barely misses getting hit by a van.

We (Tomas and I) can't catch a taxi near the road so we head to the taxi park. There, we saw everyone else (other "muzungus" white people =) ) and decide to get a taxi together. Somehow we end up paying 3000 shillings for a trip that should have cost us at most 2000 shillings because of their bargaining.

Anyhow, so we're finally on our way...and we hit traffic. Then we hit another taxi but of course we just keep driving after waving at the other taxi driver.

Finally, we made it to our destination--Garden City.

We shop shop shop and had korean food!!!!! And then I bought out the noodle and sauce section at the Chinese supermarket =). The preserved vegetables were all expired =( too bad! I wanted some lotus roots and bamboo shoots.

Anyhow, back home now. Super tired, hence this terribly written post. And power's off again x[p.

PS. Im sorry to hear about Bacchus. She was a great cat.

TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment