Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hello Charizard!

Hello!

OMG. I got a puppy! Female, about 4-5 weeks. Funny story actually. I wasn't planning to get a puppy for another two weeks but then Charizard appeared. As I was walking home earlier this week, I spotted a litter of puppies playing with their parents. I played with them and spoke to the owners and they offered me one.

Originally, I had planned on waiting but it turns out the puppy I was waiting for at my site fell through. So I talked to my current host family, talked to my ride up to my site, talked to my supervisors and everything was cleared. So Charizard came home.

I have done a lot of research on potty training, crate training, feeding, etc. and done all the lists of things I have to buy and do and what not but it's definitely one thing to research and plan it out and a whole other thing to have Charizard here. I was so nervous about it! Fortunately, Tomas (fellow trainee) is a life saver and managed to calm me down and we got everything settled, ready, and Charizard is lying next to me comfortable and happy. I'm nervous I'm not prepared enough...but I figure no one ever feels 100% prepared for their first kid (essentially, this is what my puppy is LOL).

Anyhow, I will keep you updated and hopefully post pics soon. In the mean time...I will take all dog/puppy raising tips I can get. So write on!

PS. Feel free to send me dog treats/toys etc. The selection in Uganda is supremely limited.

Cheers,

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment