Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I think I'm Getting Busier


I think. I'm starting to get busier. I think.

Ugandan Quote of the Day: "God created all of us. He started on Monday and went to Saturday. On Saturday, He was VERY tired . . . that is why see you people who are VERY ugly."

So...this past week: I went to the dentist! And I have to say...it was good!

Cost of a cleaning: $38
Cost of teeth whiting take home kit: $204
Cost of laser whitening teeth treatment: $260-408 depending on the number of sessions
Cost of an xray: $12-18 depending on location of xray
Cost of them having newer equipment than my dentist at home: priceless
Sorry! It's lame. I know but I just had to write it.........

Not so lame news...I was on the radio! Promoting my upcoming 5k/10k for charity. It was interesting! Of course no one understood me cause I spoke in English on a Ugandan station and probably spoke too fast but hey! I made it on the radio =) O.

And this conversation:
 -Sat-
Tiff: I'm sad, I wasn't chosen as a trainer for the new group. Man, I really want to be part of some PC group. LOL
Friend: Same.
-times skip to Wed-
Tiff: Hi. I'm Tiffany. In for dental work.
Joanna: HI. Joanna. O! You're Tiffany. Have you been contacted about being a trainer?
Tiff: ??? My name wasn't on the list.
Joanna: Ya. Things changed. Someone was supposed to contact you 2 days ago. You have to be at the training center this Sunday. Actually, let me reconfirm that you're a trainer.
Tiff: Okay?
-10 mins later-
Joanna: Yup. It's all good. You're in.
Tiff: Cool. See you Sunday.
-----so I go home on the 5-6 hours bus Thursday morning and tomorrow get to catch another bus to Kampala and then another matatu to the training center. Nice.

Other news. I think I may try to help at one of those children's camps we do....even though I don't like children. Hopefully, I'll get an easier slot. Bleh. + 3 koreans moved into town--they make AMAZING korean food and homemade kimchi! I guess that's more or less it. Pool table is still doing very well YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment