Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How Dogs Save Lives and How Tiffany Helped Save A Dog


Hello!
 I got the opportunity to hang out with a Ugandan women from the Northern region of Uganda (Gulu) thanks to couchsurfing (of all things!). She ended up telling me about her past, growing up during the time when the rebels still ran freely around Uganda. She talked about walking pass land mines (set to go off for heavy vehicles) on the way to school and other horrible things.

This was my story... “When I was a young girl living in Gulu, my family had dogs. During that time, the rebels were still around. Sometimes, the dogs would start barking. Whenever the dogs started barking, the people in my village would hurry and escape to town. The dogs were right, when they barked, the rebels were around. They protected us. They saved our lives.”

After this conversation, we got to talking about dogs in general and I told her that there was a shelter nearby. So we decided to go check it out and she adopted a puppy!

So Tiff’s good deed of the day: helped rescue a puppy.

 Ps. I feel like we have the most ginormous flies here...they buzz SO LOUD and are probably about a centimeter wide and long. Char tries to eat them but she always fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment