Monday, November 14, 2011

Woah ho ho! Never thought I'd say I love my place.

Hello Everybody!

So since I have the week off, I decided to visit Tomas in Katwe, which is out in the middle of nowhere and at the entrance of Queen Elizabeth National Park (where you see lions). Here are the 4 biggest realizations that happened to me today:

1. I live in Uganda, Tomas lives in Africa (just like what you think of when you think Africa).
2. Wow, my place is actually pretty great!
3. Thank you lord that Fort Portal is where I ended up. If I think it's hot here in Katwe, what in the world would I have thought in Arua (it's one of the hottest regions).
4. Char is a great traveler! She likes the different modes of travel and she (currently) fits in my bucket, making traveling with her a breeze.
(I'll upload some cute pics of Char tomorrow x]p)

So today...I discovered how Tomas is REALLY REALLY REALLY busy. There's so many meetings and traveling around...oh! it makes me tired just thinking about it, let alone tagging along. But his office is pretty awesome! They're all super chill, love Char, there's an really cold fridge AND an amazing banda (outdoor sitting place kind of like gazebo) that is really awesome to sit around and relax on.

I won't lie. His current "temp" place sucks balls. Fortunately, they're building him a whole new house...which should be done around Christmas. And the view at his office is FANTASTIC. Today, I saw gazelles, warthogs, antelopes, elephants, and hippos. Awesome!

Okay. It is ridiculously hot here...if it wasn't because there are mosquitos here, I would totally open the doors and windows. O and I had home made (goat) fajitas and flour tortillas for dinner. =) Good stuff!

Okay, I'm off to try to somehow sleep in the hot weather.

Toodles =)

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to find out what blog platform you happen to be working with? I'm having some small security issues with my latest blog
    and I would like to find something more secure. Do you have any
    solutions?
    my webpage: photos of tendulkar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for providing good information,Thanks for your sharing.

    จอมเวทย์มหากาฬ

    ReplyDelete