Monday, September 19, 2011

OMG! Asian Food!

So...I had the best weekend everrrrr~ (in Uganda).

I had Asian food!!!!!! We had met a lovely Japanese JICA volunteer named Miko and she invited Mami (a private Japanese businesswoman), me and Tomas to go have her home made japanese food. Actually, it was more like a japanese cooking lesson. But it was asian and good! We made okonomiyaki, oyakodon, tsukemono, and avocado sushi. Can you say YUMMMMMMY?! Ahh...it was sooooo nice! We talked all about Korea, Japan and China and alll the wonderful food we've had before..and to top it all off, I had fabulous chocolate milk and delicious eggs for breakfast.

Apparently, there's a Korean restaurant in Kampala I need to check out and a Chinese supermarket that has EVERYTHING (almost).

Ohh...AND Miko had a scale! I plan to buy one before site =). I weighed in at 127. Woot~

Today...I gave my host family a solar lamp as a gift for hosting me. They were ECSTATIC! I think that was the most excited and happy I have ever seen anyone react to me giving them a gift. Made me feel Oh So Good! =) They really needed a solar lamp too...they've been using crappy battery operated flashlights.

And I did a good deed yesterday! I was walking in the rain (to Miko's house) and I saw a local Ugandan girl who was on her way to church. I decided to walk/talk with her and shelter her from the rain. LOL

Have funnnnnnnnnnn folks~

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment