Monday, March 15, 2010

Cats!

Cats are now the bane of my life.

They didn't use to be...but something happened to my body in my year spent abroad. I never used to be allergic to cats (minor allergies are now major); but now, if I stand in the same room as cats, my poor skin gets super dry, red, and breaks out. So many people have commented, "Tiffany, what happened to your face?! Are you okay? You're so red!" and other comments. But what can I do?

It's not like I can avoid cats (unfortunately). Why not? Because I'm allergic to my boyfriend's cat. But not just his cat, but also his mom's five cats, his sister's one spazzy cat, and his grandmother's little scaredy cat. So even if he were to give his cat away, he'd still be carrying dander on his clothes from whenever he goes home or to see his family.

I'm so sad because I adore his cat (and the rest of the other cats). But I can't keep living like this. My allergies make me miserable and nothing works except for staying away. We really are trying. Three years, we've stayed together--that includes our year apart. We had better work past my allergies or find a solution.

I don't want this to end because of cats.

I do give my love to all the cats though:
Chitta
Numir
Portia
Isis
Bachus
Bcat
Chaucer
and Grandma's cat (Ginger?)

1 comment: