Friday, January 8, 2010

Hope

Today was my first day of work at my new internship-the Make-A-Wish Foundation. For two hours, I did data entry and called to verify information. Granted, I didn't finish all that many wish referrals (as they're called) but man, it was quite an experience.

Many of the families I called were quite guarded when they first answered the phone. But after I told them I was calling from the Make-A-Wish Foundation, they all quickly perked up and their voice were hopeful. It was so awesome and gratifying to hear the change in their voices from guarded and tiredness/frustration to hope and happiness that their child had the possibility of having a wish come true.

It's nice to work for a cause, to be able to help and inspire hope and happiness. Hopefully, I'll be more efficient and increase my productivity on Monday. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment